Friday 21 March 2014

Michael Bond - Paddington at Large

Another book full of Paddingtons funny adventures. The stories cover this time Paddingtons version of mowing the lawn, a trip to the park - where Paddington accidently spoils a concert, a brandnew tv-set, Paddington at a quiz show, Toffee-making, once more Christmas shopping and an outstanding performance at the theater.

The stories are loveable as always, but for some reason I did not find them as funny as the other books. Somehow they are a little melancholic...  However, Paddington is Paddington, and screaming out of laughter is not my only criterium for this kind of books, so once more 10 out of 10 for the little bear from the darkest Peru.

As I am much around these times I do not read a lot before going to bed, and more often than not my bedbook is my take-away-book, so currently I am reading the fourth installment of the Mortal Instruments series - City of Fallen Angels (in German).

No comments:

Post a Comment