Wednesday 17 September 2014

Rita Mae Brown & Sneaky Pie Brown: The Litter of the Law

It is sometime near Halloween in Crozet, the tiny town, where almost all Mrs. Murphy Mysteries are situated. Driving along the autumnly landscape, Harry and her husband discover a corpse, set up as scarecrow. While they are both shocked and call the police, Harrys pets talk to the crows in order to find out who did this cruelty. Not long after this scary incident another body is discovered, set up as a helloween witch... what is going on (again) in cozy Crozet?

I cannot remember when I started reading this series, but it's been ages! I know, most people have their problems with the later volumes, but the beginning of the series... wow, these are some of the best mystery stories I have in my bookshelf - so stopping to read them is not an option :-) which now sounds quite negative, but I think, the last two volumes show, that Mrs. Brown is back on track.
This book starts near Halloween, so I kept thinking of one of the earlier volumes, where Pewter finds a severed head in one of the pumpkins - one of the best books of the series - well, this volume was not as bloody. It was a good but not a perfect read, hence I award 7 out of 10!

I am currently reading City of Heavenly Fire, the final (?) volume of the mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare - the first one I read in English, and the first one I bought, because Katharina could not lend it to me, as it is not yet available in German ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment