Monday 28 May 2012

Gary Paulsen - Hatchet

Hatchet tells the story of Brian, who ison his way to his dad in northern Canada, when the pilot of his plane has a heart attack. Brian tries to hold the plane even and manages to fly it until he runs out of gas. He manages to ditch the plane in a small lake, and somehow gets out of it and swims to the water's edge.
Having nothing but a hatchet his mum gave him before the flight and the clothes he wears, Brian starts to learn how to survive in the country side. He manages to feed himself, to get a fire going, to build a fish pond - just to react right to everything around him.

The book is very thin, not even 200 pages, all the same, I think it is very well written, you feel with Brian, whenever he makes a mistake, when something unforeseen happens to him...
I award 8 out of 10!

For those reading my blog and wondering... yes, I am still trying to force myself through Maisie... I cannot understand what makes this story so tremendously boring to me... I am now at 75% and I cannot force myself to read the rest... Perhaps I will make it somewhen soon!

Apart from Maisie... I think I will start with George R. R. Martins Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment