Friday 11 May 2012

Kathy Reichs - Break No Bones

Break no bones is the ninth forensic case of Temperance Brennen. This time she is in Charleston with a group of students doing excavations, when one of them discovers a more or less fresh body. Brennan, gets even more involved in the case as she is asked to help out as the local coroner is very ill and moreover the local anthropologist is in the Iraq. Her destranged husband Pete shows up, working on the mysterious disappearance of a young woman, and it shows, that both cases are related.
When Brennans lover Ryan turns up, private matters become a little tense, but things resolve, and Ryan can even help a little with the murders. One day Pete is shot, the bullet obviously ment for Brennan...

I don't want to tell any more, as I think this is one of Reichs best books, and totally worth reading it! The story seems a little too designed but it is well written, and hey, most criminal stories wont happen like this in real live!

I award 9 out of 10 for a nearly perfect thriller!

My next book is Kazuo Ishiguros "Alles was wir geben mussten" (Never let me go), as I unfortunately missed the movie, I am really looking forward to read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment