Thursday 8 August 2013

Michael Bond - More about Paddington

Today we scratched the 40 degrees centigrade mark here in Vienna, so I finished work early, put my bikini, towel and the obligatory book onto my bike and settled under a nice tree directly at the New Danube.

As it was too hot to use the Kindle (usage up to 35 degrees) I took the next Paddington Bear adventure with me, and after a nice little while in the cooling water I started reading - and couldn't stop despite gnats flying round me at the later hours, until I was finished.
Paddington is now quite a while with the Browns. So he decides to make a family picture with his newly purchased - but really antique - camera, and nearly creates chaos again, but Paddington would not be Paddington, if things did not turn out well. But Paddington has a lot More adventures to survive, he turns out to be quite a good detective, gets an own room, learns about Guy Fawkes and his day, goes shopping once more (not that it ends any better than last time ;-)), gets to know snow and its advantages - and disadvantages - and last but not least has the nicest christmas possible.

I award 10 out of 10 for the wonderful bear who always makes me laugh! Thank you Mr. Bond for creating such a lovely character!  And thank you to Peggy Fortnum for your super sweet illustrations!

1 comment:

  1. Juhuuuu! Super super super! Freu' mich auch schon! Hoff' "More about Paddington" ist bald in meinem Postkastl. :) Bussi

    ReplyDelete